Thursday, May 31, 2012

Botox® - Injectables

One of the most common questions I get is about Botox.  What is it?  How does it work?  Is it right for me?  How is it administered?  I found a great article on the newbeauty website that gives a good explanation of how Botox works, and answers a lot of the questions I often get. 


A relatively painless procedure, Botox injections are virtually downtime-free.  Muscle actions play a big role in aging around the eyes, as contractions lead to initial dynamic wrinkles followed by more permanent lines.  Botox is great for stopping crow's-feet and the vertical frown lines between the brows, and it prevents the muscle movement that leads to fine lines and furrows.  The treatment can also be used as an "injectable browlift" to slighly elevate the brow and eliminate horizontal lines across the forehead to help the upper face look younger and more relaxed.  Many plastic surgeons consider Botox to be an integral part of a surgical browlift, since its use before surgery can help relax the muscles and facilitate healing.


I personally have tried Botox injectables - and I'm happy to share my own personal experiences!  I loved the results, and coupled with regular facials and good skin care have really seen great results.


Click here to read the article in its entirety!

No comments:

Post a Comment